You know that we like to talk about the different destinations that La Rioja offers us, so today we are going to focus on the town of Briñas. We consider that visiting Briñas is one of the obligations we have in our stay in Haro, both for its proximity to Haro, just 5 kilometers away, and the charm of this small town in La Rioja.
A visit to Briñas involves spending a pleasant day, so we are going to detail those landmarks that if or if we must take into account in our visit.
– The beautiful bridge of Briñas, built in the 13th century.
– The church of the Asunción being the most representative construction of Briñas, of baroque style and very visible in the whole town.
– From the Rollo viewpoint, we will get fantastic views of Briñas.
– In the neighborhood of the wine cellars we will find the ventilation chimneys of the wine cellars with the objective of ventilating them of the toxic gases that are generated.
– The humilladero, small curious construction to see, which served in ancient times as a last stop for prisoners who were going to be hanged and proceed to the last prayer.
– Ruins of the Hermitage of San Marcelo, conserving part of the wall in the rock.
On the other hand, it is worth mentioning that Briñas, is a passage of the Way of St. James, in an environment of great natural beauty.
The festivities of the town are celebrated on August 15, bringing together people from nearby towns and curious people who are visiting La Rioja.
We are going to recommend a restaurant in the same village, so that you can spend the day in Briñas, the Mesón Chomin, where you will find a very pleasant and close treatment, where you can taste typical products of the area as a good pochas beans or chops with vine shoots.
And if you do not want to eat in Briñas, take the opportunity to visit other towns near Haro and Briñas such as San Vicente de la Sonsierra, Briones or Casalareina. As you know the distances are very short between the different villages where the little traffic helps you to reach the different destinations in no time.
Enjoy the charming villages of La Rioja.